Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Intro and Stumbling on an eBook

Hi everyone!

I plan to use this blog for things related to fiction I write, to post snippets of things I'm working on, and also to talk a bit about how I came to write Moonlighting (which should be live on Amazon in the next 24 hours or so). Unlike my other blog I won't have a set schedule for updating here, so just check back now and again for updates.

Today I just wanted to talk a little about how I decided that I was going to try and make an ebook. It all started as a sort of running gag, where I'd joke every full moon about how the town paid me to keep the werewolf population in check. After a while I decided to write a short story about a guy who did that, and to just sort of run with the idea. I started writing, and finished the rough draft in just over seven days. The thing is, by the time I was done, it wasn't really a short story anymore. I'd added things in and it had become decidedly less short. It wasn't quite novel length; at its core it still had the plot structure of a short story. At that point, I set about editing, and by the time I was done with the first major round of edits I had something I thought was pretty good. I decided that I wanted to publish it, so I went about formatting it so I could sell it as an ebook on Amazon.

I just finished that process now, and I'm really excited to share my story with everyone. I hope you all like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment